How to use VLOOKUP on an entire column in Google Sheets
In Google Sheets, drag your VLOOKUP formula down a column to apply it to an entire column.
In this example, you'll find a list of Company names based on Domain names to which they belong:
- Enter =VLOOKUP in cell E12, where you want the Company names to appear.
- Enter the Lookup value D12, which contains the first domain name of the Domain column (google.com).
- Enter the Search range B$4:C$9, which is the data range containing the Domain and the Company name values.
- Enter Column number 2 as the Company name column is the 2nd column of the Search range.
- Enter FALSE to look for an exact match.
- Drag the formula down through as many cells as there are values in the Domain column (column D).
The final formula is:
=VLOOKUP(D12, B$4:C$9, 2, FALSE)
For each row of the Domain names, VLOOKUP returns the Company names to which they belong.